Master of Business Administration (MBA) Admission Requirements
The general admission requirements for the MBA are listed below. Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission, as space in each program is limited. A holistic approach is taken during the application review process and all components of the application are thoroughly reviewed.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with a minimum B average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Applicants with 3-year degrees may be considered for admission with one year of work experience beyond the required minimum.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Work Experience
- Completion of the online application which requires:
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions*
- Unofficial copies of GMAT or GRE scores*
- *Official copies of these documents will be required if an applicant receives an offer to the program.
Acceptable scores on all measures of the GMAT or GRE
To send your scores for these tests to us please use the following codes: GMAT code Z75-X8-30 (full-time program), Z75-X8-23 (part-time program) or GRE code 5697
Minimum two years of relevant post-degree, full-time work experience or life experience
Proof of English language proficiency if studies were not completed in English.
IELTS 7.0 overall (minimum 6.5 on each dimension)
TOEFL (Schulich’s TOEFL Code is B710) 100 iBT (minimum 23 on each dimension)
Applicants who have completed at least two years of full-time study at an accredited university in a country (or institution) where English is the official language of instruction are not required to submit an English proficiency test.
Strong applicants whose first language is not English and do not meet the above language requirements may be considered for admission with the condition of completion of the MBA/Specialized Master’s Preparation Program offered by the York University English Language Institute.